Volunteer Position Summary:
- Illustrator/artist to create updated versions of anatomical diagrams.
- Anatomical diagrams are used in the context of forensic interviews conducted with children, adolescents, and vulnerable adults during investigations of alleged abuse or witnessing of violent crime.
- The anatomical diagrams are tools utilized for purposes such as communication (for example, when an individual is uncomfortable verbally saying a body part’s name) or for clarification (such as when an individual uses similar terms for multiple body parts) or for other purposes.
- The diagrams include front and back views of unclothed male and female human bodies with visible external body parts, including genitals.
- The anatomical diagrams currently in use were created in 2000. CornerHouse is seeking to update the anatomical diagrams to provide more accurate and inclusive representations. Diagrams are needed for multiple ages (child, adolescent, and adult) and to include representations of diverse client populations.
- Anatomical diagrams will be designed through consultation with CornerHouse staff.
- Anatomical diagrams will be the property of CornerHouse and under copyright of CornerHouse, to be used, copied, and distributed freely by CornerHouse, CornerHouse multidisciplinary team partners, learners attending CornerHouse training, and other professionals in the field, with CornerHouse’s discretion.
- Child Development
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- None, Artist's availibility
- Ability to meet at CornerHouse prior to starting