Tax-Aid Volunteer Opportunities - Tax Expert
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Tax-Aid Volunteer Opportunities
Tax-Aid has been helping San Francisco Bay Area families and individuals with low income to prepare their income tax returns for 30 years. We offer our free service in the community through the efforts of hundreds of accountants, lawyers, accounting students and other professionals who volunteer their time.
We are seeking volunteers of all levels to help us. There are volunteer opportunities for Greeters, Interviewers, Tax Preparers, Translators, Check-out Assemblers, Tax Return Reviewers and Tax Experts. While some opportunities require knowledge of tax laws, there are many volunteer opportunities for those who are not tax experts.
Tax-Aid Volunteer Responsibilities for All Positions
- Commit to a minimum of three volunteer sessions (an average session lasts about 5 hours) during the tax season (January-April). Most tax sites are open on Saturdays.
- Complete online training (available for on demand viewing, length of training depends on volunteer position)
- Work with individuals in a positive, patient and respectful manner
Preferred Skills, Experience, Attitude and Availability
- Bilingual skills desirable (English/Spanish, English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin, English/Russian, English/Tagalog and English/Vietnamese)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Tax background desirable, but not required
- Experience working with people with low income desirable
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Availability Saturdays or weekday evenings
- On site to answer any complex tax questions
- Learn tax law and utilize industry standard tax software
- Meet and network with accounting, tax, legal and other professionals
- Help make a substantial difference in the lives of clients
- Make new friends
How to Apply:
Register online at www.tax-aid.org. For questions or more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Not able to volunteer during the tax season? No problem! Ask us about our newest program, Tax-Aid 365.
We'll work with your schedule.
55 New Montgomery StreetSuite 500San Francisco, CA 94105
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Tax Law
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service