Become a Senior Mentor to support members of your community!
WhenSun Apr 01, 2018 - Sun Sep 30, 2018
Where5820 Edmondson AvenueCatonsville, MD 21228
NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore and Christian Temple are partnering with Ridgeway Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center and Glynn Taff Assisted Living to provide Senior Mentors for selected residents. This partnership is made possible through NAMI Metro Baltimore's ongoing mental health program hub at Christian Temple. The goals of this program are to:
1) Increase the quality of life for seniors living with mental illness
2) Provide support for families of residents through education and access to resources through NAMI Metro Baltimore
3) Develop of a community of advocacy and awareness in Catonsville, MD
Volunteer Role Requirements:
- Be at least 25 years old
- Have an interest in and sensitivity to mental health conditions
- Attend a half-day training on Saturday, March 10th from 9am - 1pm at Christian Temple Church in Catonsville
- Willingness to engage with and be a good listener to residents and their families
Volunteer Commitment: Volunteers are asked to make a one-hour weekly commitment for 6 months (April 2018-September 2018). Volunteers must have weekday availability.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- One hour weekly for 6 months
- Must be 25 years old; must attend half-day training; must have weekday availability.
- What is it like to hear voices?...
- Do you have a loved one with a...
- Does your child/adolescent have...
- Become a Senior Mentor to...
- Are you living well in recovery?...
- Are you ready to open up about...
- Are you living well with a...
- Have you cared for a loved one...
- Help us advocate for and bring...
- Raise awareness about mental...