Street Child is calling for individuals hoping to gain valuable experience in the development sector by undertaking a voluntary Education role in Sri Lanka, Nepal, Sierra Leone or Liberia. Street Child aims to create avenues for out of school children to access education through an integrated approach that strengthens the capacity of teachers, schools and communities to sustain their investment in the education for their children.
As an Education Volunteer, you will be part of an exciting stage of the organization’s growth, and will be working closely with the Street Child team and partner organizations to support the delivery of project pilots and the design and development of emerging programs.
Street Child offers four to twelve week placements, supporting our work in West Africa and South Asia and the work of our partner organisations. Key responsibilities will include -
● Assisting with the creation or adaptation of curricular resources targeted at the specific needs of particular groups of children
● Analysing student outcomes data and assisting with the development of strategies to optimise learning outcomes
● Designing and delivering teacher training that is engaging, stimulating and appropriately scaffolded for teachers in a range of settings
● Providing classroom coaching support to teachers for planning, implementation and reflection on practice
● Assisting with the logistics of teacher training and coaching activities, including planning, scheduling and resourcing
● Analysing data and information from teacher education programmes to improve effectiveness and efficacy
● Preparing reports on teacher progress, including relevant evidence
● Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with partner organisations and schools
● Liaising with the Ministry of Education, the National Curriculum Board, Teacher Training Colleges and District Education Offices
● Providing regular information sharing and reporting to relevant stakeholders
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to learn about the development sector through an immersive experience, and to make a lasting contribution to Street Child and its aim to offer educational access to out of school children all over the world.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4 - 12 weeks