Street Child is calling for individuals hoping to gain valuable experience in the development sector by undertaking a voluntary entrepreneurial role in Sri Lanka, Nepal or Sierra Leone. This placement is a unique opportunity to make a critical contribution to an organisation that is setting up and scaling its efforts to enable out of school children to access a meaningful education.
Street Child Commercial was established in 2011 as a unique fundraising stream for Street Child in Sierra Leone. A series of shops and café bars in Sierra Leone create a sustainable source of income by turning profits which are then re-invested into projects. Street Child Commercial is now seeking new avenues for expansion and growth of profits in both existing and new enterprises in Sierra Leone, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
In Sierra Leone key responsibilities will include -
- Researching new market opportunities throughout Sierra Leone
- Developing viable expansion plans alongside the local management team
- Analysing the profitability of existing enterprises and seeking opportunities for growth
In Nepal and Sri Lanka where Street Child is currently seeking to create a similar model key responsibilities will include -
- Analysing and modelling the viability of the enterprise
- Researching the legal and regulatory requirements for establishment of the enterprise
- Designing and developing the enterprise in its start up phase, including the establishment of operational systems, staffing and management
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to learn about the social enterprise sector through an immersive experience, and to make a lasting contribution to the organisation and its aim to empower children through education.
- Child Development
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18