It Starts With You.
Volunteers originally started hospice and they continue to be a major part of hospice today. Year after year, they contribute time and energy to assist hospices by:
- Responding to the needs of the patients, families, hospice staff, and the community.
- Enhancing community understanding of healthcare through educational programs and outreach activities.
- Volunteering/cost savings for hospice.
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED, FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
Ways that you can serve:
Offer bedside presence and companionship to patients.
Relieve primary caregivers for short periods of rest.
Assist with light meal preparations and household chores.
Read to patients, provide arts & crafts and other leisure activities.
Volunteer specialized certification such as massage therapy, music therapy and emotional pet therapy.
- Massage Therapy
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One Visit Per Week at Minimum
- Must Have Own Means of Transportation