Are you passionate about Indigenous cultures, traditions, and languages? Are you interested in perpetuating models of development that empower and engage local communities? If so, you might be just who we at Unlocking Silent Histories are looking for to assist us in amplifying the voices of Indigenous youth from Maya Guatemala and Native tribes in the United States.
Unlocking Silent Histories has been featured at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian. In addition, our founder has been a keynote speaker at the International Indigenous Research Conference in New Zealand and at Bunker Hill County Community College in Boston, MA. In each case, audiences responded positively, gaining new perspectives on culture and learning a great deal about how our work. We want to keep spreading the word, and at the same time obtain resources to continue our work.
Launch a speaking series
- Work closely with the executive director to create a database of potential speaking engagement locations
- Plan the logistics and costs of the speaking engagement, which becomes a donation to the organization to keep the work going!
- Once the database and logistics are in place, this person will make calls and set up speaking engagements.
The youth participating in our programs have so much to teach us about their worlds. In addition, we have worked closely with them to create a toolkit that helps others implement this model in their own communities. We have extensive knowledge about what works in terms of International Nonprofit work, developing education with Indigenous (and underrepresented) populations, facilitating leadership models that are culturally connected. We want to share our knowledge with others who want to do this work.
If you are looking to help take Unlocking Silent Histories to the next level, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Sales Process
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Negotiated upon interview (more time upfront)