10 Books A Home
About 10 Books A Home
10BH is a nonprofit organization that provides early childhood education in the home. 10BH’s mission is to prevent the achievement gap by ensuring high poverty preschoolers enter kindergarten above grade level with families who are permanently invested in their learning.
10BH provides free home tutoring to a child and her parent once a week year round for two years from when the child is three years old until she enters kindergarten. Children of all learning abilities are accepted and most families in the high poverty areas 10BH works qualify for enrollment. Children learn during lessons and are left with new homework and books every week so they can continue learning in their daily lives. Parents participate in lessons and over time learn how to permanently support their children’s learning in the home. Upon kindergarten entry children and parents (the family) are prepared to prevent the achievement gap. Four years of longitudinal data on 10BH’s graduates show they are ?outperforming 47% of California students in math and 10% in reading.
About the position
We are looking for a marketing generalist, who can take on a variety of assignments as needed. An ideal candidate will be someone who also has a natural flair for writing and a keen eye for proofreading and can support us as we produce monthly newsletters, an annual report, news articles and several other written pieces of communication on a regular basis.
The Marketing Associate will be working closely with the marketing team and the chief executive officer.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching and leading external correspondence
- Leading communication with our Role Models or volunteer tutors
- Managing miscellaneous internal projects
- Developing new content for 10BH newsletter and marketing collateral
- Drafting sections of annual report
- Writing stories for various media
- Proofreading 10BH written material
Requirements & Commitment
- Strong writing skills
- No experience required
- This is a great role for individuals of all ages. We welcome you whether you are in high school, employed or retired.
- Ability to start immediately
- Commit 20 hours per week, delivering on tight deadlines.
This is an unpaid position, but is an exciting opportunity to gain experience, give back to the community and support a grassroots nonprofit with an ambitious mission and vision is to serve 1 million high poverty preschoolers and parents by 2025.
Send your resume to email@example.com
- Social Media / Blogging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours a week