The Outreach-Volunteer position is responsible for helping to build our membership program through distributing outreach materials, attending outreach events, assisting in advertising our special events, and by utilizing their professional photography skills to document our events. Community Outreach Volunteers are a diverse group in themselves: photographers, writers, public speakers, design artists, computer graphics professionals-the common thread uniting all is a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate and link community members to The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach’s program and services through various and relevant communication channels and mediums;
- Disseminate outreach materials to promote and educate individuals about the LGBTQ Center of Long Beach’s mission, programs, and services;
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones;
- Support the outreach and recruitment of new volunteers;
- Support data collection efforts to obtain information about the needs and issues impacting the LGBTQ community; and
- Additional duties and responsibilities which may vary depending on outreach objectives and outcomes.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Varies by project