A Preservation Team Member works with fellow volunteers to restore the 65-foot fishing vessel, Shenandoah. Preservation Team Members share the restoration/conservation process with museum visitors, including past work on the vessel, the current restoration/conservation steps, and future plans.
Must be comfortable working in an outdoor environment performing general work tasks, which may include the use of power tools.
Have knowledge of or be open to learning the history of F/V Shenandoah and of the Gig Harbor commercial fishing industry to share with visitors.
The ability to interact with diverse groups such as children, adults, staff, and volunteers.
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Thursday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Research Team Member
- Exhibit Support Volunteer
- Marketing Support Volunteer
- Youth Volunteers and Internships
- Special Events Volunteer
- Collections Care Assistant
- Gallery Interpreter
- Pioneer School Experience Midway...
- Fundraising Support Volunteer
- Preservation Team Member
- Facility Maintenance Generalist
- Primary Museum Experience and...