A Research Team Member locates historical information for inquiring guests and community members and may assist with specific research requests from museum staff. Research Team Members perform searches using available files, maps, books, and perform data searches on the internet in the resource room.
Have knowledge of or be open to learning the history of the Gig Harbor Peninsula.
Must be comfortable learning the filing system, book index, map collection, and computer databases available to the researchers.
Proficient in basic computer skills, such as performing data searches, email, etc.
The ability to interact with diverse groups such as adults, staff, and volunteers.
- Adult Education
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Research Team Member
- Exhibit Support Volunteer
- Marketing Support Volunteer
- Youth Volunteers and Internships
- Special Events Volunteer
- Collections Care Assistant
- Gallery Interpreter
- Pioneer School Experience Midway...
- Fundraising Support Volunteer
- Preservation Team Member
- Facility Maintenance Generalist
- Primary Museum Experience and...