PRC is looking for an organized individual to assist with the Bare Chest Calendar (BCC), a calendar benefiting PRC and featuring San Francisco LGBT men. Recently, Positive Resource Center has merged with the AIDS Emergency Fund and Baker Places to form PRC, a San Francisco-based nonprofit whose mission is to help people affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues better realize opportunities by providing integrated legal, social, and health services that address the broad range of social risk factors that impact wellness and limit potential.
The position is designed to provide real work experience that can help build a professional resume. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a great development team. The ideal candidate is someone who is diligent, creative, eager to collaborate and comfortable managing multiple tasks.
Assist the Bare Chest team with various functions, including data collection, donor information and communications, and other administrative duties. The intern hired for this position shall report to the Director of Annual Giving and BCC Managing Director. This is an unpaid internship, but the karma is priceless.
- Coordinate mailing calendars to donors
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Assist with Bare Chest events and recruitment
- Create and maintain calendar of Bare Chest events and alert fans using social media
- Research other nonprofit calendars and find possible means of drawing in donations other than from calendar sales
- Solicit prizes for raffles and outreach booths
- Assist with outreach booth setup, operation, and breakdown
- 10-15 hours per week; hours are flexible. Most take place during Monday thru Friday business hours, with some weekend and evening work.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to type at least 25 WPM.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Outlook, internet and social media websites.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Vertical Response is helpful but not necessary.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Time commitment 10-15 hours/week