Bare Chest Calendar Intern
3 people are interested
PRC is looking for an organized individual to assist with the Bare Chest Calendar (BCC), a calendar benefiting PRC and featuring San Francisco LGBT men. Recently, Positive Resource Center has merged with the AIDS Emergency Fund and Baker Places to form PRC, a San Francisco-based nonprofit whose mission is to help people affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues better realize opportunities by providing integrated legal, social, and health services that address the broad range of social risk factors that impact wellness and limit potential.
The position is designed to provide real work experience that can help build a professional resume. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a great development team. The ideal candidate is someone who is diligent, creative, eager to collaborate and comfortable managing multiple tasks.
Assist the Bare Chest team with various functions, including data collection, donor information and communications, and other administrative duties. The intern selected for this position shall report to the Director of Annual Giving and BCC Managing Director. This is an unpaid internship, but the karma is priceless.
- Coordinate mailing calendars to donors
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Assist with Bare Chest contests, events and recruitment
- Create and maintain calendar of Bare Chest events and alert fans using social media
- Solicit prizes for raffles and outreach booths
- Assist with outreach booth setup, operation, and breakdown
- 10-15 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible with half the time in the office during Monday thru Friday business hours, and the other half time at weekend and evening off-site events.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to type at least 25 WPM.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Outlook, internet and social media websites.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Vertical Response is helpful but not necessary.
- Required: Must be 21 years of age or older.
About PRC (aka Positive Resource Center)
12 Grace Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
Positive Resource Center (PRC) is a community based non-profit whose mission is to assist people affected by or at risk for HIV/AIDS through culturally appropriate counseling, education and advocacy in making informed choices that maximize available benefits and employment opportunities.
Positive Resource Center (PRC) is a community based non-profit whose mission is to assist people affected by or at risk for HIV/AIDS through culturally appropriate counseling, education and advocacy in making informed choices that maximize available benefits and employment opportunities. Funds will support Positive Resource Center's Benefits Counseling and Employment Services programs to ensure the continuation of our core services. The Benefits Counseling Program maintained a success rate of more than 90% in all Social Security and State Disability claims filed on behalf of clients in 2004. The Employment Services Program achieved 435 job placements for clients, including 134 long-term placements in 2004. Benefits Counseling and Employment Services Programs were accessed by over 1,000 clients per program during 2004.
12 Grace StreetSan Francisco, CA 94103
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 21
- Time commitment 10-15 hours/week