A Gallery Educator introduces elementary students to Harbor History Museum by sharing museum manners, details of early pioneer schools, and information on the Midway Schoolhouse restoration. Gallery Educators lead students and teachers throughout the galleries using a scavenger hunt, which includes a tour of the purse seiner, Shenandoah, and hands-on learning in the Maritime Gallery.
Must be comfortable engaging with our youngest museum guests and leading tours of the galleries.
The ability to interact with diverse groups such as children, adults, staff, and volunteers.
Able to move throughout the museum and keep group on schedule, which at times requires a fast pace.
Must be flexible as needs of the group can change with little notice.
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. as needed
- Research Team Member
- Exhibit Support Volunteer
- Marketing Support Volunteer
- Youth Volunteers and Internships
- Special Events Volunteer
- Collections Care Assistant
- Gallery Interpreter
- Pioneer School Experience Midway...
- Fundraising Support Volunteer
- Preservation Team Member
- Facility Maintenance Generalist
- Primary Museum Experience and...