PRC is looking for an organized individual to assist with the management and solicitation of silent auction items for various events benefiting PRC. Recently, Positive Resource Center has merged with the AIDS Emergency Fund and Baker Places to form PRC, a San Francisco-based nonprofit whose mission is to help people affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues better realize opportunities by providing integrated legal, social, and health services that address the broad range of social risk factors that impact wellness and limit potential.
The position is designed to provide real work experience that can help build a professional resume. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a great development team. The ideal candidate is someone who is diligent, focused, detail-oriented and comfortable managing multiple tasks.
Assist the development team with various functions related to silent auction coordination and execution. The intern hired for this position shall report to the Development Associate with support from the Director of Annual Giving.
- Solicit local businesses via email, by phone, and in person for silent auction items
- Create unique descriptions for donated items
- Organize, maintain, and accrue donor information
- Help the Development Associate and the Director of Annual Giving stage two to three annual events featuring silent auctions
- 10-15 hours per week; hours are flexible. Most take place during Monday thru Friday business hours, with some weekend and evening work.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to type at least 25 WPM.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in outlook, internet and social media websites.
- Knowledge of Vertical Response and InDesign is helpful but not necessary.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours/week