PRC is looking for an organized individual to assist with the management and solicitation of silent auction items for various events benefiting PRC. Recently, Positive Resource Center has merged with the AIDS Emergency Fund and Baker Places to form PRC, a San Francisco-based nonprofit whose mission is to help people affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues better realize opportunities by providing integrated legal, social, and health services that address the broad range of social risk factors that impact wellness and limit potential.
The ideal candidate is someone who is diligent, focused, detail-oriented and comfortable managing multiple tasks.
Assist the development team with various functions related to silent auction coordination and execution. During a silent auction, bids are written on a sheet of paper that is commonly placed next to the item. At the predetermined end of the auction, the highest listed bidder wins the item.
- Solicit local businesses via email, by phone, and in person for silent auction items
- Create unique descriptions for donated items
- Organize, maintain, and accrue donor information
- Help the Development Associate and the Director of Annual Giving prepare for two to three annual events featuring silent auctions (e.g., assembly of flyers, gift bags, supplies, etc.)
- One to two half-days per week; hours are flexible and take place during Monday thru Friday business hours.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to type at least 25 WPM.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in outlook, internet and social media websites.
- Knowledge of Vertical Response and InDesign is helpful but not necessary.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- one or two half-days/week