Development, Events, and Social Media Intern
16 people are interested
PRC is looking for an organized individual to assist with fundraising campaigns and events. Recently, Positive Resource Center has merged with the AIDS Emergency Fund and Baker Places to form PRC, a San Francisco-based nonprofit whose mission is to help people affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues better realize opportunities by providing integrated legal, social, and health services that address the broad range of social risk factors that impact wellness and limit potential.
The position is designed to provide real work experience that can help build a professional resume. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a great team. The ideal candidate is someone who is diligent, creative, eager to collaborate and comfortable managing multiple tasks. This is an unpaid internship, but the karma is priceless.
Assist the development team with various functions, including data collection and reporting, donor appreciation and communications, mailings, and silent auction coordination and execution. The intern selected for this position will report to the Development Associate with support from the Director of Annual Giving.
- Social Media - Help to increase followings on Facebook and Twitter. Assist in developing content and relevant stories/posts, creating a calendar of pre-approved items. Engage community via online posts and direct messaging.
- Data Entry/Database - Help to input and maintain donor database.
- Special Events - Support the development team on coordination and logistics for any and all special events that benefit PRC (e.g. AIDS Walk, Pride Brunch).
- Silent Auction Support - Solicit local businesses via email, by phone, and in person for silent auction items. Create unique descriptions for donated items.Organize, maintain, and accrue donor information. Help the Development Associate and the Director of Annual Giving stage two to three annual events featuring silent auctions.
- 10-15 hours per week; hours are flexible. Most take place during Monday thru Friday business hours, with some weekend and evening work.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to type at least 25 WPM.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Outlook, internet and social media websites.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of email marketing services is helpful but not necessary.
12 Grace StreetSan Francisco, CA 94103
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 10-15 hours/week during daytime business hours