PRC is looking for an organized individual to assist with fundraising campaigns and events. Recently, Positive Resource Center has merged with the AIDS Emergency Fund and Baker Places to form PRC, a San Francisco-based nonprofit whose mission is to help people affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues better realize opportunities by providing integrated legal, social, and health services that address the broad range of social risk factors that impact wellness and limit potential.
The position is designed to provide real work experience that can help build a professional resume. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a great team. The ideal candidate is someone who is diligent, creative, eager to collaborate and comfortable managing multiple tasks.
Assist the development team with various functions, including data collection and reporting, donor appreciation and communications, mailings, and volunteer support. The intern hired for this position will report to the Development Associate with support from the Director of Annual Giving.
- Social Media - Help to increase followings on Facebook and Twitter. Assist in developing content and relevant stories/posts, creating a calendar of pre-approved items. Engage community via online posts and direct messaging.
- Data Entry/Database - Help to input and maintain donor database.
- Special Events - Support the development team on coordination and logistics for any and all special events that benefit PRC (e.g. AIDS Walk, Pride Brunch, silent auctions).
- Volunteers - Work with development and administrative staff to review and update all existing volunteer information, including intention and ability to continue volunteering, contact information (e.g., email address, phone number, and mailing address), physical limitations, interests, and more. Help to coordinate volunteer communications, as needed. Maintain listings of current volunteer opportunities on internal and external websites.
- 10-15 hours per week; hours are flexible. Most take place during Monday thru Friday business hours, with some weekend and evening work.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Must be able to type at least 25 WPM.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Outlook, internet and social media websites.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of email marketing services is helpful but not necessary.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours/week