Board Member Job Description
The following description was adapted from materials from BoardSource. Note that materials apply to both for-profit and nonprofit unless otherwise noted.
1. Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
2. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in fund raising for the organization.
- Event Design & Planning
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Varies depending on current project