Development and Communications Volunteer
The Haven seeks a volunteer to assist the Development Department with day to day activities, special events, and projects. Dates and times are flexible and perfect for students and retirees alike. This is an unpaid position. Volunteer should be available a maximum of 4-6 hours weekly; longer term service is welcomed.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with mailings as well as other mail-merge projects
- Create articles for blog and pitch stories as directed
- Opportunities to assist with special events
- Database maintenance, list tracking, and prospect research
- Other tasks as requested for community outreach
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of database systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Adobe suite a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks at once, and adhere to deadlines.
-Experience with individuals with disabilities a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for an office environment; occasional lifting of materials up to 5-15lbs.
To apply please send a résumé and cover letter to the attention of Michelle Williams, Marketing Director, The Haven, 4405 DeSoto Road or firstname.lastname@example.org, with Development Volunteer as the subject.
More Information: 941.355.8808 x 213
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training