Tricky Tray Volunteer Coordinator - NJ American Academy of Pediatrics, Annual Children’s Ball
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where50 Millstone RdBuilding 200Suite 130Hightstown, NJ 08520
The Tricky Tray Volunteer CoordinatorResponsibilities: procure, organize, and prepare sought after items to be raffled off during the tricky tray portion of NJAAPs Annual Fundraiser. Volunteers must feel comfortable securing new donated items, gift certificates for dinners or services, and more.... Most importantly, volunteers must not be discourage after four people say 'no’ because they recognize that the next person they talk to, may just be a potentially generous donor!
· Develop a list of basket themes, individual themed basket items, and donors that fit with the theme of the basket. For example, an Italian themed basket might include gift certificates to great Italian restaurants, Italian wine, food items, etc.
· Solicit donations for baskets
· Assist with cataloging and recording of donated items including description, value, donor name, etc. of each donation
· Assist with packaging and wrapping of donated items
· Assist with preparation and display of donated items at the event
The ideal candidate for this volunteer position will be creative, energetic, and have a natural passion for interacting with people and potential donors.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 months; can create a flexible weekly schedule
- not required, but highly desirable; familiar with purchasing services & may have network of contacts