Luz Maria Foundation Inc. is a 501(c)(3), tax exempt organization that helps women who are victims of domestic violence and women in need by providing the tools they need to move forward in their lives during their times of struggle.
We work and sign agreements to promote, defend and disseminate DDHH (human rights) for women, children, and adolescents.
We work together with other human rights NGOs to create awareness about domestic violence in order to make a better and safer world for all.
- Coordinate the grant proposal development process with program, executive, and fiscal staff
- Write and edit grant proposals and reports
- Research trends in criminal justice, health and social services, government grant making, and private philanthropy
- Maintain tracking systems for grant submissions and reports in order to meet deadlines
- Assist in generating financial information, including budgets and financial reports, in collaboration with program and grants management staff
- Work with program staff to ensure fulfillment of grant objectives
- Assist with additional fundraising messaging, communications content, and special events, in collaboration with communications and development staff
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English or a related field.
Experience in grant writing or fund raising, nonprofit preferred
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Must be age 18 or older
Must live in New York City (five boroughs)
Able to work independently
Good organizational skills helpful
- Grant Writing / Research
- Critical Thinking
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18