The ARISE Africa Foundation is a nonprofit organization that is working to increase the number of Nigerians that get tested and treated for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD). By Actively Raising Interests in Sexual Epidemics (ARISE), we hope to contribute to Nigeria's attainment of the United Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 5, which include: ensuring good health and well-being as well as gender equality respectively. Overall, our work focuses on education, leveraging the power of the media to instigate change and providing a means for Nigerians to get tested and treated for STD.
The Public Relations Assistant is responsible for creating content for social media platforms. Under the leadership of the Public Relations Director, he/she collaborates to develop strategies to create and maintain ARISE’s public image. He/she works closely with other communications officers to organize and execute fundraising activities.
- Organizes events and fundraising activities
- Develops contents for blog post, newsletters and social media accounts and oversee content writers (write, review and edit posts).
- Manage newsletter and social media accounts
- Experience in a nonprofit setting, communications, journalism or public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including public speaking)
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient use of social media tools
- A self-starter who can work independently and can also be a resourceful team player
- Passion for ARISE Africa Foundation’s mission
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of one year commitment