** IN ORDER TO REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER FOR THIS EVENT YOU MUST EMAIL MARY.OWENS@RALEIGHNC.GOV**
Join us for the 2018 Raleigh Tamale Festival at Carolina Pines Park! Come and enjoy a celebration of Latino culture with games, tamale cooking contest, community resources, music and more! Bilingual English/Spanish helpful but not necessary.
Volunteer Duties: Volunteers are needed to assist with the following tasks:
- Event logistics: includes event set up/clean up, directing parking, participant, vendor, and tamale competition registration, and taking photos at event.
- Tamale Competition: assisting with competitors, judges, and participants with competition logistics
- Event Entertainment: assisting backstage with performers and management of entertainment line-up
- Activity Stations: Assist with games and activities for child participants and their families
- Non-profit Vendor Assistant /Vendor Station: assist with directing vendors (food, information, art), sponsors, and staff to booths to set up displays and promotional materials
Special Information: Please wear sturdy closed toed shoes and appropriate, comfortable clothing (ex. jeans, shirt and tennis shoes). Lunch will not be provided; you may bring a bag lunch or money to buy lunch at one of the food trucks. Free parking is available for all volunteers at Carolina Pines Park.
Volunteer Requirements: To volunteer you must be at least 15 years old. All volunteers must fill out and sign the volunteer release form. Volunteers under the age of 18 will need a parent/guardian to sign the form. A parent/guardian is not required to attend event and volunteer with their son/daughter ages 15-17. Additional information and volunteer release form will be emailed to all register volunteers by the event coordinator prior to March 24.
Registration Information: Registration as a volunteer is first come, first served basis. All volunteers must register as individuals, but if you are a part of a group, please list the group in the "Registration Notes" when signing up.
All volunteers must pre-register using the online volunteer registration system in order to volunteer.
Per department policies, this volunteer opportunity is not to be used towards court-appointed community service hours.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Youth Baseball Coaches
- Mulching Marsh Creek Park
- Invasive Plant Removal at...
- Invasive Plant Removal (Privet)...
- Raleigh Tamale Festival
- Egg Hunt at Anderson Point
- Planting Project at Worthdale
- Spring Fling Adult Egg Hunt at...
- Abbotts Creek Egg Hunt
- Adult Egg Hunt Preparations
- Youth Girls Basketball Coaches
- Invasive Plant Removal Durant...
- Invasive Plant Removal at the...
- Breakfast with the Bunny at...
- Wash Pots at the City of Raleigh...