Join staff in removing invasive non-native plant species from Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve. Invasive species out-compete the native plants that our animals rely on for food. By removing these problem plants we are giving our native species a chance to grow.
Tools used: We will be using handsaws (18+ years ), and loppers to cut down Privet. We will also be dragging and stacking the removed plants.
Work Environment: We will be working outside on uneven ground as we cut and remove the Privet in the wooded areas of the park. There is a restroom on site.
Please bring: a water bottle, wear sturdy close-toed shoes and clothing you can get dirty. We will supply the tools and work-gloves.
Pre-registration is required. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to volunteer. Everyone who volunteers must sign a release form. If anyone is under the age of 18, then a parent or guardian must sign their form as well.
Volunteer Registration is first come, first served. Groups interested in volunteering will need to have all individuals register via this link and add the name of their group in the "registration notes" section.
Per department policy, this volunteer opportunity cannot count towards court-appointed or suggested community service hours.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Mulching at Red Hat Amphitheater
- Youth Baseball Coaches
- Mulching Marsh Creek Park
- Invasive Plant Removal at...
- Invasive Plant Removal (Privet)...
- Raleigh Tamale Festival
- Egg Hunt at Anderson Point
- Planting Project at Worthdale
- Spring Fling Adult Egg Hunt at...
- Abbotts Creek Egg Hunt
- Adult Egg Hunt Preparations
- Youth Girls Basketball Coaches
- Invasive Plant Removal Durant...
- Invasive Plant Removal at the...
- Wash Pots at the City of Raleigh...