The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program provides free income tax preparation, with a goal of helping underserved individuals and families receive additional financial support, guidance and credits during the tax season.
We’re looking for volunteers who want to transform the tax moment, and help people to reach financial stability. Join us in one of these roles:
- Certified Tax Preparers prepare and file taxes with eligible taxpayers, with a special focus on the Earned Income Tax Credit that many of our clients receive.
- Greeters & Intake Specialists review basic client information and documents, and run through some of the other resources offered at VITA sites.
We will train you! None of these roles require prior tax experience; we team up with numerous organizations to provide you with the training you need to serve our community. Sign up now!
You can sign up for a shift that fits your schedule at Catholic Charities.
Interested in attending a 1-hour orientation? Sign up now to learn more about VITA and:
- How VITA impacts thousands.
- The perks to being a VITA Volunteer.
- The ins & outs of being a VITA volunteer - Roles, Responsibilities, Training, and available shifts
- The 25 + site locations across our 10-parishes.
- Sign-up for training sessions & volunteer shifts.
Volunteer Today! Contact Marlene Martinez, VITA Coordinator w/ Catholic Charities at email@example.com or 225-336-8700 to get your questions answered and sign up for your VITA tax prep shifts! Make a difference with us!
- Financial Literacy
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training