Happy New Year All,
So What Else is looking for some committed volunteers interested in working with youth after-school. As a volunteer you will be assisting program staff with the after-school programs they will be teaching.
Mixed programming is a 12 week after-school program that starts January 8th at multiple locations and will continue until the end of spring.
Mixed programming is an integrative program based on Expressive Arts, Integrative Wellness, Environmental Stewardship and Service Learning. Students take part in a variety of activities and topics from stress management and cooking healthy foods to painting and environmental clean ups.
If you are interested in helping our youth out, looking for a resume builder, or need to get credit hours for a class please sign up for more information.
Below will be the different locations and times during the week that offer this type of programming :
(1) CSF Arthur Capper 1000 5th St SE Washington, DC 20003 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
(2) Strathmore Elementary School 3200 Beaverwood Ln, Silver Spring, MD 20906 4:15 pm-5:20 pm
(3) CSF Frederick Douglass 1427 Cedar Street, SE Washington, DC 20020 4:00 pm- 5:00 pm
(4) CSF Carver Hall 2338 Pitts Pl SE, Washington, DC 20020 5:00 pm- 6:00 pm
(1) CSF Brookland Manor 4:00 pm-5:30 pm
(2) CSF Willows 429 W. Diamond Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 4:00 pm-5:30 pm
(3) CSF Shady Grove 16125 Crabbs Branch Way, Derwood, MD 20855 4:30 pm-6:00 pm
(1) Rockville Housing 1201 1st St Rockville, MD 20850 4:30 pm-6:00 pm
(1) Harmony Hills 13407 Lydia St, Silver Spring, MD 20906 5:00 pm - 5:50 pm
(2) South Lake ES 18201 Contour Rd, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 5:00 pm- 5:50 pm
(3) Central Gardens 6804 Central Ave, Capitol Heights, MD 20743 3:30 pm-5:00 pm
(1) Wingate 4660 Martin Luther King Jr Avenue, SW, DC 20032 11:00 am- 3:00 pm
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- between 1.5 to 3 hours depending on location