Volunteers are essential for creating UnityPoint Health-St. Luke's Hospital's welcoming and helpful atmosphere. First Impression Volunteers have one of the most important, most visible, assignments in the hospital.
Volunteers in this position...
- Create first and lasting impressions as the first helpful face that many see when entering the facility.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through greeting patients and visitors along with staff, business professionals and community members, giving directions, answering questions and providing whatever needs are being solicited at our Main Information Desk.
- Put visitors at ease by escorting every guest to their destination.
- Able to push wheelchairs and walk long distances.
- Have good computer skills.
- Able to commit to a regular weekly shift.
- Acknowledge everyone leaving our facility. And above all, assist with "providing the care we'd like our loved ones to receive."
Benefits to you for Volunteering...
- Make new friends.
- Be the face that could make a person's day better.
- Volunteers are Team Members of the UnityPoint Health-St. Luke's Workforce.
- A 15%discount at our in-house Brewed Awakenings coffee shop.
- Complementary meal ticket (valued at $6.50) and beverage ticket entitles volunteer to one small beverage or bottled product are given upon working any shift. Volunteers receive a 15% discount in the cafeteria.
- References for employment and college applications.
- Free Flu Shots
- Free membership to the Fitzone.
- Free Microsoft Office classes. Join our team to make an impact today!
Please apply at: https://www.unitypoint.org/cedarrapids/volunteers.aspx
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- 2 to 3 hour shift on a weekly schedule
- Application, References, Background Check