The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for fiscal management of operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Assists the Development Team with fundraising efforts to support the Foundation’s mission.
- Oversee development of grants needed to fund foundation efforts
- Responsible effective administration of Program operations. Establishes program goals and strategies and ensures all programs are properly staffed to carry out the mission and vision of the Foundation
- Responsible for implementation of the Foundation’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that In Her Shoes can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Foundation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the Foundation’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Certificate of Nonprofit Management preferred
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 20-30 hours/week
- Project Manager
- East Garfield Park Opportunity...
- Manager of Fundraising/Corporate...
- Facilitator for Professional...
- Legal Council
- Near Southside Opportunity to...
- Forest Park, IL Opportunity to...
- Database Administrator
- Director of Fundraising
- Teen Girls Program Mentor
- Executive Director
- Director of Operations
- Director of Philanthropy
- Human Resources Manager
- IHSF Blogger
- In Her Shoes Foundation Giving...
- Volunteers Needed for...
- Volunteer Coordinator