Somali speaking: Child Care Assistance Forms Navigator: North Mpls
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
North Minneapolis Human Services Center1001 Plymouth Ave NoMinneapolis, MN 55411
Volunteer Title: Child Care Assistance Forms Navigator Volunteer
Purpose: Volunteers will use customer service skills to help clients fill out necessary child care assistance forms via a pilot program.
- Work closely with staff to help identify form needs.
- Greet Customers.
- Fill out county forms with client.
- Work with staff to ensure clients receive needed services in a timely manner.
- Collect data regarding services provided to improve this work as it evolves.
- Work closely with the Coordinator of Volunteers to refine the Forms Assistance process.
- Be flexible as this is pilot program as the team is working out the kinks.
- Volunteers must by fluent in conversational and written English.
- Volunteers must be fluent in conversational Somali.
- Positive and flexible attitude with exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience working with and serving diverse populations.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients, and maintain client confidentiality.
- Volunteer must complete the application, interview and orientation process, provide 2 references, pass a background check, attend training program, and adhere to department policies.
- A volunteer must be a minimum age of 18 years.
- One 3-4 hour shift during weekdays of M/W/F between 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- At least a 3 month commitment to the program
1001 Plymouth Ave No, Minneapolis, MN 55411
Supervision: The volunteer will be supported by an onsite Coordinator as well as the Child Care Assistance Team.
- Feedback is available / provided by an onsite Coordinator to assist volunteer in achieving the highest quality of work results.
- Volunteers gain experience working with individuals from different language and cultural backgrounds.
- Volunteers gain experience assisting staff in a county government Human Services department.
- Volunteers gain experience in contributing to launch a new pilot program.
- Volunteers experience the positive feelings of assisting people in need.
- Volunteers can be reimbursed monthly for related transportation/parking expenses within allowable limits by completing a report form.
- Human Services training opportunities are available at no cost.
- A letter of recommendation can be written on request after completion of the minimum time commitment.
To apply: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=787250092
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per week (M/W/F) for at least 3 months
- Somali and English speaking
Report this opportunity