Are you passionate about NYC youth achieving academic success? Are you organized, detail-oriented, and have an interest in learning more about the operations of a successful and comprehensive education and youth development program? Do you have a desire to work with middle and high school aged youth, and make an impact on their educational careers?
HEAF is seeking dedicated individuals to serve as education assistants at our HEAF Saturday Academy to provide hands-on support in all areas of program operations. Education Assistants are asked to make a weekly commitment of at least 3 hours on Saturdays for the 2017-18 Academic Year. The weekly work schedule is Saturdays, either from 8:00-11:00 or from 12:00-3:00. Individuals also have the option to volunteer for the entire day (8:00am-3:00pm).
HEAF is a comprehensive education and youth development organization that works to help motivated, underserved student develop the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values, and personal resiliency they need to ensure success in school, career, and life. HEAF identifies scholars in middle school and supports them until they have successfully graduated from four year colleges through a variety of after-school, Saturday, and summer educational and youth development programs.
- Assist Site Coordinator with morning set up: moving supplies from storage, printing class materials, greeting families at front entrance and helping to take attendance
- Support teachers in ensuring effective classroom management and a positive learning environment
- Assist and support Teachers in engaging students in activities, discussions, etc.
- Ensure the safety of students during program transitions and while class is in session
- Assist Site Coordinator with classroom set up and clean up
- Assist with entering attendance into the Youth Services Database
- Maintain responsibility for program supplies and proper use of all facilities
- Escort and supervise students on offsite activities and field trips
- Communicate effectively with Program Directors, Site Coordinator and colleagues
- Perform other duties as needed
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Teaching / Instruction
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- (morning 8-11am; afternoon 12-3pm) Organized,desire to work with youth, strong interpersonal skills