Volunteer for Dade Heritage Trust's new education program Historic Places, Green Spaces! This program exposes students to different historic sites and treasures throughout urban Miami in the hopes of inspiring a sense of civic pride. The program offers field trips for K-8 students at no charge. Our first and only historic site at the moment is Lummus Park which is home to two historic buildings, the William Wagner Homestead and the Fort Dallas longhouse.
Volunteers will provide historical content and facilitate interactive activities in both buildings. Dade Heritage Trust will provide all the resources and training you need to successfully facilitate the tours. School Tours will be conducted Monday-Friday from 10am-1pm or 11am-2pm at Lummus Park. Volunteers are not expected nor required to volunteer all five days of any given week. A minimum of 3 times per month would suffice!
- Free membership with Dade Heritage Trust.
- Discounts on Dade Heritage Trust walking and bike tours.
- Provide a lasting impact on students and inspire a sense of civic pride!
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 times per month
- Flexibility in your schedule, Experience with students grades K-8