B~STEM Project ( www.bstemproject.org ) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Our primary goal is to providing young girls and women with unique programming opportunities that offer a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to business and STEM instruction. Our secondary goal is to provide an extension of holistic programming for youth (both girls and boys) in collaboration with educational institutions and organizations nationally. We seek to open pathways for emerging talent to engage, learn and grow on an academic and personal level. All our programs are free, allowing exposure into a variety of industries from entertainment, advertising and fashion to information technology, agriculture, aerospace and life sciences.
B~STEM was founded in 2015 by Tracie Dean Ponder.
B~STEM’s founding Board of Directors seeks to add new members to provide strategic guidance on growth and expansion, increase fundraising capacity and continuing to meet the needs of women and girls in STEM.
We are currently recruiting for diverse leaders who are:
- Passionate about the mission of B~STEM and actively engaged in organization's growth and impact
- Willing and able to commit time, financial resources and expertise to help B~STEM achieve its mission
- Familiar with roles and responsibilities for nonprofit board of directors
We are also seeking individuals with the following professional experience, access and connections, and personal characteristics:
- Diversity of age, gender, race, thought
- Ability to help with fundraising
- Assist with securing corporate sponsorships
- Connections to foundations that might support B~STEM
- Identifying grant opportunities
- Expanding professional network
- Entrepreneurship and experience with start-up growth and expansion
- Growth strategy expertise and insights
- Marketing and communications
- CPA/nonprofit accounting
- Experience with hybrid organizations
Board members for B~STEM are expected to:
- Attend 4 board meetings per year. Read materials in advance of meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Serve on various committees to help develop strategies, activation plans and drive initiatives
- Possess the financial acumen to read and understand B~STEM’s financial statements and to otherwise help the Board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for B~STEM to achieve its mission.
- Leverage personal relationships and connections to help the Development Committee and Co-Founders identify and solicit potential funders
- Invest in B~STEM’s work by making a meaningful personal contribution each year. In total, give $1,000 annually t o support B~STEM’s programs and operations.
- Represent B~STEM in the community and advocate for B~STEM’s mission, programs and services.
Board terms last for 3 years and board members can serve additional consecutive terms when re-elected.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Board Members Serve for 3 Years
- Personal give $1,000 annually