We need compassionate volunteers to teach and facilitate classes at the Loudoun Adult Detention Center!
Opportunities are as follows:
*Time Commitment- 3 hrs/wk*
*We ask that you're able to commit a minimum of 1 year for our teaching and mentorship opportunities*
- Life Skills:Students explore and discuss budgeting, decision making, mental health, and communication. Class meets once a week for 5 weeks.
- Fatherhood:Students explore and discuss the role of the father in the family, the challenges of parenting after separation, stages of childhood development, communication, discipline, and more. Class meets once a week for 10 weeks.
- Anger Management:The class helps students identify the beliefs, triggers, thoughts and feelings in their personal "Cycle of Violence". Students discover practical tools and techniques to break the cycle. Class meets once a week for 7 weeks.
- Employability Skills:Students focus on workplace communication, preparing job applications, workplace etiquette, practicing interview skills, and a mock interview session. Class meets once a week for 7 weeks.
- Mentor program:Volunteers mentor inmates before and after their release from the Loudoun jail. Mentoring pairs are matched based on age, interests, and need. 15 month commitment (3 months inside the jail pre-release; 12 months in the community post-release). 2hrs/wk.
Training, coaching, and continuing education provided for all volunteers. We want you to grow with us!
If interested, please fill out a volunteer application and send it to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be found at our website under
Thanks for your interest!
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One year minimum time commitment, 2-3 hours a week
- Must possess a strong belief that people can change