The Front Desk Volunteer position provides opportunities for individuals to use their commitment of time and talents to support The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach in general operation and administrative tasks. The position is administrative and customer-service oriented in nature. Front Desk Volunteers are the first point of contact for guests accessing Center Services and is responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere and environment of safety for all its clients and visitors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform reception, clerical duties, and regular maintenance of the front desk and guest lobby area including:
- Answering phones
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Check-in/out procedures for library and Cyber Center
- Courtesy calls for legal clinics
- Maintain and monitor postings on the community boards, ensuring that all materials are reviewed and approved for posting.
- Other general assistance projects and duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hr shift/wk: M-F (10am-2pm) (2-6pm) or (6-9pm)
- 4-6 month commitment