12 people are interested
Community Resource Navigator
12 people are interested
The Community Resources Navigator position provides opportunities for individuals to use their commitment of time and talents to support The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach in general operation and administrative tasks. The position is administrative and customer-service-oriented in nature. Community Resource Navigators are the first point of contact for guests accessing Center Services and are responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere and environment of safety for all its clients and visitors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform reception, clerical duties, and regular maintenance of the front desk and guest lobby area including:
- Answering phones
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Assisting clients in the navigation of center and community resources
- Courtesy calls for legal clinics
- Commitment to the mission of The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach to engage, empower and advocate towards achieving a more equitable society and foster an ever-improving quality of life for the LGBTQ community through volunteerism;
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, sexual orientation, socioeconomic backgrounds, and genders in a multicultural setting and learn about services available to the Long Beach community;
- Other general assistance projects and duties as assigned.
About The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach
2017 E. 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814, US
The Center engages, empowers and advocates to achieve a more equitable society and fosters an ever-improving quality of life for the LGBTQ community. We work to inform and connect lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities through programs of information and education, physical and mental well-being, cultural and social activities, and social justice. We advocate for the inclusion of all individuals into a free and just community, without judgment or restriction due to sexual orientation or gender expression.
The Center provides critically important services for the LGBTQ community in Long Beach and at large such as:
- HIV/STI Testing
- Intimate Partner Violence Services
- Mental Health Counseling
- Legal Clinic
- Senior Services
- Social & Support Groups
- Trans Services
- Youth Services
- Career Counseling
- Cyber Center
- Housing & Postings
- Seminars & Workshops
- Social & Cultural Events
From our youth program to our front desk, to our special events, to our mental health department, volunteerism plays a vital role in almost every part of our organization. We couldn't do what we do without our dedicated volunteers.
Interested in volunteering with us and being part of our Center family? Sign up for one of our volunteer information sessions at www.centerlb.org/volunteer.
2017 E. 4th StreetLong Beach, CA 90814
October 13, 2021
- Problem Solving
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hr shift/wk: M-F (10am-2pm) (2-6pm) or (6-9pm); Sat (10-1) or (1-4)
- 4-6 month commitment