Mentor a Child - Change a life in just 2-3 times a month! (Saginaw County)
16 people are interested
A Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Great Lakes Bay Region mentor’s role is simple: to be a friend to a child, on a one to one basis. Men are matched with boys in all circumstances, and women are matched with girls in most circumstances.
- A Big and a Little participate in everyday activities together on average of two to three times per month for a minimum of one year. The schedule can be flexible to meet the needs of volunteers and Littles.
- Throughout the friendship, Bigs assist Littles to build confidence and promote positive decision-making skills, and independence. Enhancing the self-esteem of a child can be a key building block in the development of their personality and overall approach to life.
- Mentoring opportunities are also available to couples and families.
- All volunteers undergo a comprehensive background screening before being matched with a child.
- If you can commit 2-3 times a month, you can change the life of a child through mentoring!
Learn more at bbbsgreatlakesbay.org, or call 989.755.6558
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Great Lakes Bay Region
2200 N. Saginaw Rd., Midland, MI 48640, US
The Big Brothers Big Sisters mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Great Lakes Bay Region makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers ("Bigs") and children ("Littles"), ages 6 through 12, throughout Midland, Bay, Saginaw and Isabella Counties. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
We'll work with your schedule.
Big Brothers Big Sisters - Saginaw Office1910 FordneySaginaw, MI 48601
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 times a month, at least one year