4 people are interested
**Read "To Apply" at bottom of this Job posting**
**Do not apply through this website**
UniversalGiving (r), an award-winning global nonprofit, is seeking a detailed and relationships oriented Development Intern. The Development Intern will play a strong operational role in the execution of our fundraising plan. You will help outreach to donors, maintain donor relationship information, help with fundraising mailers and events. If you are passionate about social change and enjoy working with an international team, come join UniversalGiving!
UniversalGiving (r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek , Oprah.com , CBS , The Wall Street Journal , and The New York Times .
The Development Intern will focus primarily on researching high net-worth donor profiles, helping set up meetings with potential donors, and assisting with high-level mail-outs. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to customer service and dedication to cultivating and maintaining relationships with donors. Interns must be able to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment .
As a UniversalGiving intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Come work with us to achieve our vision "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life(r)!
- Perform research on high net-worth potential and existing donors, foundations and corporations
- Specific research on potential funders using The Foundation Center as primary resource
- Crafting customized communications with the Development team and the CEO
- Assist with high-level mail-outs that are sent to high net worth individuals, foundations, corporations
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships by phone
- Assist with fundraising campaigns
- Salesforce Database entry
- Other duties related to operations and administration
- Special development projects as needed on an on-going basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to self-direct work and manage independent deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, a minimum of 3 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).
"I came into UniversalGiving as a shy recent graduate. I soon saw that this internship was like no other-- I worked on high-level projects, I was mentored by the CEO (unheard of!), and I bonded with the grooviest team I have ever come across. The nerves left, but the values and experiences will stay."
Germaine Lau, former Executive Assistant Intern
UniversalGiving’s Mission : To connect people to quality giving and volunteer opportunities worldwide .
UniversalGiving’s Vision : "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life"(r)
UniversalGiving (r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model(tm) to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the Strategy, Operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Gap, BHP Billiton, RSF Social Finance, and inovia.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network , and has also been featured in BusinessWeek , Fast Company , CSRWire , WomenEntrepreneur , Oprah.com , NBC News , The Christian Science Monitor , The New York Times , The Financial Times , MarketWatch , CNNMoney.com , Change.org and See Change Magazine . UniversalGiving has been featured three times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and is a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award , and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute . She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Email your resume, cover letter, a writing sample (two pages max), and two professional references with contact information (phone and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Intern" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving (r) is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
For more information please visit:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Follow Us on Pinterest: @ UniversalGiving
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog:Living and Giving
We'll work with your schedule.
655 Montgomery St.Suite 7-102San Francisco, CA 94111
- Business Development & Sales Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- 15-20 hours/week for 3-4 months