Note: Please give us a call if you would like more information and are interested.
(561) 802-6979 Extension 2. Debbie Emerick.
Want to help make a difference in someone's life? Why not volunteer a few hours a week with us at our downtown West Palm Beach office location?
We serve home bound seniors from Lake Worth to Palm Beach Gardens with a freshly cooked meal 5 days a week. It takes 25 volunteers each day to plate, pack and deliver the meals to our 200 seniors!
Our mission is to provide nourishment for the body along with a friendly visit to those who are isolated and alone. We are a locally organized and incorporated 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, and we operate without government funding and with the help of a lot of volunteers!
We need help answering phones and assisting those calling for help to pre-screen them for eligibility. This is a very rewarding volunteer position - knowing you are part of the process helping to feed those in need.
This volunteer position requires:
- the willingness to help others
- a pleasant phone conversation style and helpful personality
- Availability for 2 or 3 hours each week, or every other week, morning and afternoon hours available
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Spanish speaking is a plus!
- Basic working knowledge of computers, along with basic operating knowledge of Excel which is used to enter data from phone calls, and the ability to email callers with attached documentation and information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- We work with a vulnerable population, and all Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches volunteers are required to be 18 years of age, have a valid drivers license, and pass a background check.
- Data Entry
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours weekly or every other week
- Please see listing