Pro Bono Partnerships Returnship
1 person is interested
**Read "To Apply" at bottom of this Job posting**
**Do not apply through this website**
UniversalGiving (r) is seeking a hard-working Pro Bono Partnerships Returnee to help build long-lasting relationships with organizations which offer pro bono services. You will have a strategic role in further developing the positive impact UniversalGiving, an award-winning global nonprofit, is achieving worldwide. If you are passionate about social change and enjoy working with an international team, come join UniversalGiving!
UniversalGiving (r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek , Oprah.com , CBS , The Wall Street Journal , and The New York Times .
The Pro Bono Partnerships Returnee will engage with UniversalGiving’s current pro bono partnerships and build new partnerships in the San Francisco Bay Area. This position is a great opportunity to engage small, medium, and large companies with giving back.
As a UniversalGiving Returnee, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Come work with us to achieve our vision "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life(r)!
- Research new pro bono partnerships in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Maintain and further develop positive relationships with current pro bono partners
- Perform due diligence on new companies and organizations to ensure quality partnerships
- Attain free product donations
- Assist in scheduling creative donation events such as "restaurant nights" where a portion of the host’s profits are given to UniversalGiving, free engineers for a day, and more
- Other duties related to pro bono services
With proven track record
- Opportunity to work with the Management Team
- Lead events and facilitate pro bono partnerships
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong basic working knowledge of in-office technologies (printer, copier, fax, etc)
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database
- Event planning skills a plus
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- May include engaging with organizations involved in Corporate Social Responsibility
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the Returnship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).
"I came into UniversalGiving as a shy recent graduate. I soon saw that this internship was like no other-- I worked on high-level projects, I was mentored by the CEO (unheard of!), and I bonded with the grooviest team I have ever come across. The nerves left, but the values and experiences will stay."
Germaine Lau, former Executive Assistant Intern
UniversalGiving’s Mission : To connect people to quality giving and volunteer opportunities worldwide .
UniversalGiving’s Vision : "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life"(r)
UniversalGiving (r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model(tm) to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the Strategy, Operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Symantec, Fluor, Sabre, Gap, BHP Billiton, RSF Social Finance, and inovia.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network , and has also been featured in BusinessWeek , Fast Company , CSRWire , WomenEntrepreneur , Oprah.com , NBC News , The Christian Science Monitor , The New York Times , The Financial Times , MarketWatch , CNNMoney.com , Change.org and See Change Magazine . UniversalGiving has been featured three times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and is a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award , and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute . She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples (two pages max), and three professional references with contact information (phone and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Pro Bono Partnerships Returnship" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving (r) is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
Follow us on social media:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Follow Us on Pinterest: @ UniversalGiving
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
We'll work with your schedule.
655 Montgomery Street, Suite 7-102San Francisco, CA 94111
- Resource Development / Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- 15-20 hours/week for 3-4 months (minimum)