The Crime Victims Assistance Network (I-CAN), is seeking volunteers! We are in need of kind, compassionate people to help with the following:
* Answer the I-CAN support line and provide peer counseling support
* Assist victims in completing and submitting Victim Compensation forms
* Provide victim support at parole hearings
* Provide outreach presentations
* Staff booths at fairs
* Create informational packets for victims
* Observe and gather information at parole hearings for educational purposes
We are gearing up for our Spring Volunteer Training and are currently accepting applications. All volunteers must complete our volunteer training.
For more information or to apply to volunteer, please respond to this notice.
I-CAN is a non-profit victim assistance program in Sacramento helping surviving family members of homicide victims, attempted murder, shootings, assaults, robbery, domestic violence, sexual assault, etc. Services we provide are counseling, assistance in filing for victim compensation funds, advocacy, accompaniment to parole hearings, general information, emotional support.
I-CAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, political or religious affiliations, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee and volunteer activities and general treatment during employment or volunteering with I-CAN.
- People Skills
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Complete both our in person and online training prior to working face to face with clients.