Crisis Services Volunteer
ADV & SAS
Volunteer Job Description
Major Functions: To provide initial advocacy services through medical/criminal justice advocacy and/or hotline coverage. May also assist with public presentations or court watch/court advocacy. Due to on-call requirements, must have a telephone and access to reliable transportation.
Accountability: Reports to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete pre-training application and interview process
- Complete 64 hour training program provided by ADV & SAS
- Attend quarterly supervision meetings
- Communicate regularly with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Maintain confidentiality of clients/organization
- Submit necessary documentation in a timely manner
- Call Volunteer Coordinator to find a replacement if unable to fulfill on-call when scheduled
- Make every effort to attend in-services and other continued education opportunities
- After initial advocacy services, a referral must be made to staff personnel at ADV & SAS for follow-up advocacy services and counseling services.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 593Streator, IL 61364
- Child Advocacy
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Crisis Counseling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training