Our memory care residents love to hear a good story even though they may no longer be able to read well themselves.
Read stories (staff can assist with selections) either one on one or to a small group . Days and times are flexible although afternoons ( 1-4) are best, Monday - Saturday.
A good reading voice and ability to add inflection to the story is helpful.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- generally 1 hour a week
- application, online backrgound check
- Friday Night at the Movies
- The sound of music!
- Great way to meet new people
- Summer Teen Volunteer Program
- If you are a "thrift store"...
- Do you have a heart for Elders...
- Chapel Escorts
- Care Friends
- Wii Bowling
- Like to help with small groups...
- Come and Listen
- Musicians, would you like help...
- A meal and a smile!
- Pamper our ladies with a manicure!
- Parents and Children Welcome