ORGANIZATION: Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
Please visit the new page to apply.
At Lower Cape Fear LifeCare, we have a variety of ways volunteers can serve our patients, families, offices, and communities, including:
- Patient companionship: spending time with hospice patients
- Caregiver respite: allowing family members to take a break, run errands, etc.
- Care Center support: greeting visitors at an inpatient facility
- Veteran support: performing vet-to-vet visits or veteran pinning ceremonies
- Dementia support: providing support and respite for families dealing specifically with dementia
- Office support: contributing administrative functions such as data entry, filing, inventory, etc.
About Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
1414 Physicians Drive, Wilmington, NC 28401, US
The mission of Lower Cape Fear LifeCare is to provide access to the highest quality LifeCare, education, and supportive services to our patients, their families, and the communities we serve.
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare offers a spectrum of support and healthcare services for people in our community affected by changing healthcare needs. These services include:
Hospice Care is comprehensive and compassionate care focused on comfort and quality of life when treatment is no longer available or desired for persons with a life expectancy of six months or less.
Palliative Care is specialized medical care to support your current treatment plan and improve quality of life for the patient and family.
LCFL’s Grief Care programs offer extensive grief care support for anyone in the community who has lost a loved one.
The LCFL Memory Partners DementiaCare program seeks to improve the lives of families affected by dementia by providing personal support, respite care, caregiver training, and education.
The agency’s Community Education program offers free educational sessions to increase awareness of health care choices, improve quality of life, support others during difficult times, and plan for life’s uncertainties.
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare is supported by a robust Volunteer Program that provides caring companionship and respite to patients and families as well as a number of complimentary programs, such as We Honor Veterans, Meals of Love, and Pet Therapy.
1316 3rd AvenueConway, SC 29526
January 20, 2023
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per week
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID vaccination, and adhere to all infection control guidelines for PPE equipment.