1 person is interested
Patient Support Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
At Lower Cape Fear LifeCare, we understand our patients and families sometimes need extra support. That’s why we’ve created the Moments Matter volunteer program. Here are some of the many ways you can help:
- Telebuddy: Regularly check in with patients and families by phone to see how they are doing. Talk about any issues that may need to be shared with the hospice care team. These calls may also serve as a social outlet for patients and families.
- Personal Touches: If you have training in specialized areas, you can provide services such as: - Manicures or pedicures - Dry-brushing for the skin - Lotions or moisturizers for the body, as well as lip treatments - Hand massages - Hair-brushing or styling
- Bucket List: Assist patients with their bucket lists. Help make their bucket-list wishes a reality, whether that’s a trip to the beach, one more fishing trip or a chance to see the sunset.
- This Is Your Life: For many patients, having their life’s work recognized is a great source of comfort. You can help coordinate This Is Your Life celebrations with family and friends.
- Music Reflection: Find and share favorite songs that make a patient’s heart sing.
- Memory Boards and Photo Albums: A picture can be worth a thousand words. You can help patients put together a collage or photo album highlighting their lives. These albums can serve as a legacy for future generations.
About Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
1414 Physicians Drive, Wilmington, NC 28401, US
The mission of Lower Cape Fear LifeCare is to provide access to the highest quality LifeCare, education, and supportive services to our patients, their families, and the communities we serve.
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare offers a spectrum of support and healthcare services for people in our community affected by changing healthcare needs. These services include:
Hospice Care is comprehensive and compassionate care focused on comfort and quality of life when treatment is no longer available or desired for persons with a life expectancy of six months or less.
Palliative Care is specialized medical care to support your current treatment plan and improve quality of life for the patient and family.
LCFL’s Grief Care programs offer extensive grief care support for anyone in the community who has lost a loved one.
The LCFL Memory Partners DementiaCare program seeks to improve the lives of families affected by dementia by providing personal support, respite care, caregiver training, and education.
The agency’s Community Education program offers free educational sessions to increase awareness of health care choices, improve quality of life, support others during difficult times, and plan for life’s uncertainties.
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare is supported by a robust Volunteer Program that provides caring companionship and respite to patients and families as well as a number of complimentary programs, such as We Honor Veterans, Meals of Love, and Pet Therapy.
955 Mercy Lane SEBolivia, NC 28422
January 20, 2023
- Music Therapy
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per week
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID vaccination, and adhere to all infection control guidelines for PPE equipment.