FDSWF WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY PICNIC 9am-3pm
In celebration of World Down Syndrome Day, F.R.I.E.N.D.S. DOWN SYNDROME WEST FLORIDA (FDSWF) will celebrate the value, acceptance, and inclusion of people with Down syndrome at our annual picnic held at the Rotary’s Camp Florida -1915 Camp FL Rd Brandon FL 33509.A Free lunch will be provided to you. You will have a choice of pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, chips, fruit, soda, & water.
PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE, www.friendssupport.org to fill out our volunteer form. QUESTIONS? CALL 813-245-2782.
Show up at the Rotary's Camp at 9am, On March 24th, park in the front parking lot, and meet us in the Rotary's Camp Dining Hall.
FROM 9AM TO 2PM VOLUNTEERS WILL BE ASKED TO HELP WITH:
- Setting up tables
- Serving food and drinks
- Serving PopcorN
- Serving Snow Cones
- Monitor the children in the pool. Lifeguards will be present, you will just be helping the parents and playing with the kids in the pool. Bring a swimsuit and sunscreen.
- Monitoring the playground - playing with the children
- Monitoring the "kids table - hula hoop, chalk drawing, bubbles
- Monitor giant slides and bouncy houses
- Monitor basketball hoops
- Monitor hamster ball
- Sell Raffle tickets
- Sell t-shirts
- Sell magnets and stickers
- Cleaning up the dining hall and outside area
- Put away tables
- Clean up kitchen
- Take out trash
- Child Care
- Food & Beverage Services
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 6 hours of volunteer time 9am-3pm
- Go to www.friendssupport.org and fill out the Volunteer Form, thank you.