Plan Activities for Our Village
3 people are interested
Do you enjoy planning parties and activities for family and friends? Our Village needs an Activity Coordinator to organize activities for our members and volunteers. You will:
- Work with Village members to organize activities based on member interests.
- Assure that new and ongoing activities are publicized in the newsletter and activity calendar
- Work with Village Council members and other teams as necessary
- Work from home with occasional meetings with Village members and volunteers
This team member must be over 18, have enthusiasm for setting up activities for seniors, a basic knowledge of current office programs (e.g., Word and Excel), and good organizational skills. A background check is required.
About Village Without Walls
1333 NW Orenco Station Pkwy, #572, Hillsboro, OR 97124, US
● Community. We believe that strong social connections are a vital part of living well and aging brilliantly. ● Inclusion. We welcome and respect people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, economic situations, and abilities. ● Collaboration. We believe that working together and caring for each other makes our lives richer and more interesting. As a Village, we are stronger than we are as individuals. ● Contribution. We believe that each member of our community can benefit from the skills, experiences, and perspectives of the others. We encourage every member and volunteer to bring their own unique qualities and capabilities to the table.
Village Without Walls is a community-based membership organization of volunteers, that provide services to help seniors and disabled individuals stay involved in their communities and remain in their own homes as they grow older. Volunteers are the heart of the Village, providing direct services to our members as well as behind-the-scenes support to operate the village. We are neighbors helping neighbors to stay neighbors.
Village Without Walls is a program of Villages NW, a 501(c)3 nonprofit TAX ID 46-4190513, which serves as the Hub for eight Villages in formation across the Metro area. Villages NW is part of a nationwide network of support that fosters interdependent aging in community
We'll work with your schedule.
Reasonable driving distance to HillsboroHillsboro, OR 97123
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours a week