Job Description:Build the structure of this new committee to be replicated across the country! All members of the committee work together to select Nashville’s Volunteers of the Month. (Except when direct conflicts of interest occur.)
Requirements: A passion for our mission to educate & engage communities by promoting & celebrating "Doing Good" through volunteerism. Must be an "experienced" volunteer - to already be familiar with what goes into a variety of volunteer activities.
Responsibilities: There are separate activities within the committee, and each person chooses what he/she focuses on, including:
- Supervise criteria for Nashville’s Volunteers of the Month (NVOTM).
- Personally notify each winner of Nashville’s Volunteer of the Month!
- Reach out to more "real people" for NVOTM nominations to ensure a diversity of representation - of age, ethnicity, geography within the 14-county area, sex, economic background, causes, ways they volunteer, etc.
- Expand Nashville’s Volunteer of the Month program.
- Brainstorm target media ideas to showcase each Nashville’s Volunteer of the Month.
- Read each nomination form then vote to select the winners.
- Nominate others for Nashville’s Volunteer of the Month.
- Follow up with nominees to complete & return the nomination form.
- Call & congratulate winners!
- Various work throughout the month in support of the above.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 1-hour monthly meeting or phone call
- volunteerism, leadership, accountability, integrity, responsibility, initiative, creativity