Heartisan Foundation Member of the Board of Directors
Heartisan Foundation’s mission is to cultivate high integrity, creative-minded young leaders. For more information, please visit our website at www.heartisan.foundation.
The Board will support the work of Heartisan Foundation and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Heartisan Foundation’s chief executive officer (CEO), Abram Katz, and vice president (VP), Antonio Melendez, the Board-CEO-VP relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
This is a workingboard. That means we are expecting you to play an active role in the success of this organization. We choose members based on professional merit and their passion for positive change.
Board Member Responsibilities
* Approximately 5 hours per month in addition to meeting hours.
* Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO/VP as they develop and implement Heartisan Foundation’s strategic plan.
* Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings and being punctual and prepared.
* Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
* Serving on committees or task forces, being self-directed, and completing special assignments as agreed upon by the Board.
* Representing Heartisan Foundation to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
* Ensuring Heartisan Foundation’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities we serve.
Heartisan Foundation Board Members will consider Heartisan Foundation a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. Money is energy; we are asking you for a commitment of time and energy. So that Heartisan Foundation can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Heartisan Foundation expects all Board Members make an annual contribution that reflects each Board Member’s individual finances. (There is no minimum or maximum amount)
Terms and Conditions
Heartisan Foundation’s Board Members will serve a one-year term to be eligible for re-appointment after that term as determined by Heartisan Foundation’s CEO and VP. Board meetings will be held quarterly (unless otherwise noted) and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings. We are asking for a common courtesy of 30-day notice prior to resignation of any board member.
With love and respect,
Abram R. Katz, CEO, Heartisan Foundation
Antonio Melendez, VP Heartisan Foundation
- Financial Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Approximately 5 hours per month plus meetings.
- This is a working board. That means we are expecting you to play an active role in the board.