Forests Forever is an environmental nonprofit based in Berkeley whose mission is to protect and enhance the forests and wildlife habitat of California through educational, legislative, and electoral activities. We are partnering up with local water/forest conservation efforts seeking a research intern.
The Napa Initiative Research Intern will assist with providing information, analysis and written materials to support the efforts of the Napa County Watershed and Oak Woodland Protection Initiative.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the significance of California's forest and watershed ecology as well as strategies in fighting to protect them while working with local environmental/conservation issues and legislative process. Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting the campaign with data collection, synthesis, and analysis
- Crafting/collating reports, briefing papers, and articles for the general public, media, NGOs, elected officials and government agencies
- Reporting directly to Campaign Managers
- Strong interest in the campaign’s mission
- Ability to commit 10+ hours/week up to June 2018
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills
- Pursuing a BA or BS in related field, scientific literacy strongly preferred
- Ability to attend periodical in-person meetings held in Napa. Reliable transportation (e.g. personal vehicle) and willingness to travel is a plus
To apply, please send a tailored cover letter, resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10+hours a week up to June 2018