A National Historic Landmark, Morven Museum & Garden is situated on five pristine acres in the heart of Princeton, New Jersey. This former New Jersey Governor’s Mansion showcases the rich cultural heritage of the Garden State through regular exhibitions, educational programs and special events.History
Home to one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and to five New Jersey governors, Morven has played a role in the history of New Jersey and the nation for more than 250 years.Volunteer Opportunities
Morven’s volunteer corps is an integral part of Morven’s day-to-day operations. Our volunteers collectively contribute hundreds of service hours annually. It is a great way to learn more about Morven and the history of New Jersey, meet new people and feel a part of the stewardship of a National Historic Landmark.
Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Morven is always looking for enthusiastic, outgoing individuals to volunteer as docents/guides.
- Docents are trained by Morven’s curator to conduct tours for visitors that promote a deeper understanding of Morven and New Jersey history.
- Docents also may assist with educational programs and events including storytimes, scout activities, and Fourth of July celebrations, among others
- The museum is open for tours Wednesday through Sunday. The minimum commitment is two 4-hour shifts per month.
- Garden volunteers work alongside Morven’s horticulturist tending the historic gardens.
- Volunteers help with the annual heirloom plant sale "Morven in May" by arranging and pricing plants and helping shoppers choose the perfect plants for their garden.
- Volunteers lend a helping hand to Morven’s staff for events and programs, assisting guests during events such as Morning wiht Santa, Morven in May, Fourth of July, and the Festival of Trees, among others.
- Volunteers assist in a variety of fundraising efforts and administrative and clerical activities including mailings and office tasks.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training