We are currently seeking senior citizen volunteers to assist in our Aging Services program. We are looking for individuals above the age of 60 years old to help out with varying transportation needs, homemaker services and general companionship for a fellow senior.
- Volunteers will use their own vehicles for transport to and from things like medical appointments, faith based services, barber and salon visits and out of town needs. Mileage reimbursement will be granted to volunteer drivers.
- Accompanying clients to their appointments and giving them support
- Meal preparation
- Routine household tasks
- Assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, eating, dressing, mobility, transferring from bed to chair and using the toilet)
- Assistance with arranging transportation
- Informal emotional support
- Social stimulation
- Monitoring safety and well being
Mobile Food Shelf Support:
Assist in varying roles and duties associated with our mobile food shelf program that services senior living communities. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting at the Wright County Food Shelf with packing and fulfilling menu orders
- Assisting in transport of orders on a monthly basis, to designated communities
- Assisting in maintaining a relationship with residents receiving mobile food shelf support
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 60
- Orientation or Training
- If you are under 60 and would like to volunteer, please feel free to apply!
- Wright County Community Action...
- Head Start Center Teacher's Aide...
- Mobile Food Shelf Coordinator
- As Needed Wright County Food...
- WCCA Head Start Center Teacher's...
- Volunteer Drivers Needed!...
- Thursday AM; Food Shelf & Thrift...
- WCCA Thrift Shop: Retail Sales...
- Are you looking for job...
- Seniors Helping Seniors! Give...
- Seeking Volunteers to fill...
- Are you looking to give back?...