Volunteers are advised to dress appropriately, that are to say, t-shirt with sleeves, and also long pants/skirts (for girls) and long pants (for boys) as you are staying in a Buddhist centre. No revealing clothes like low-neck, sleeveless, or clothes that show the tummy or back, or short pants are allowed.
There will two meditation sittings with chanting in the morning 5.00 am and night time 8.00 pm. Basic Buddhism discussion is at 7pm. Duty is from 7.30am to 11.30am, and 4pm to 5pm. Own rest time is 12 pm to 4pm. Morning and night is own meditation practice.
Duty time is about 5 hours, four hours in the morning and one hour in the evening, Duties include 1. Cleaning the building, toilets and bathroom.
3. Teaching English
4. Book editing and transcription if you are good in English.
5, Rubbish throwing and general help.
6. Taking care of dogs.
For vegetarian, vegetarian food will be provided. and Accommodation will be given.
We have simple breakfast with bread/cookies and coffee, lunch and dinner with rice and few dishes. Meals will be at 7am, 12pm and 5pm.
Conditions for volunteers to come to our centre.
1. The preferable age is between 18 to 35.
We prefer younger people to help us in physical tasks.
If you are over 35 plus, we might consider you too.
2. Are interested in meditation AND Buddhism. If you are only interested in meditation, then do not write to us.
3. WIlling to stay for at least two weeks. If you are not able to commit yourself for two weeks to volunteer here and also to learn meditation and Buddhism from us, do not write to us.
4. We prefer single female volunteers,
Normally we do not accept male volunteers, couple male-female volunteers or family as we have very limited room.
5. We prefer non-smoker and non-drinking volunteers. You should abstain from smoking or drinking during the two weeks staying with us.
6. We prefer volunteers to "dress down", not to use perfume or make up as you are in a meditation centre, not a party or backpacker hostel.
7. All volunteers must keep five main morality/precepts in our centre.
a. Do not kill or harm sentient beings.
b. Do not steal, or taking things not given.
c. No sexual activities.
d. No false speech including telling lies, slandering, harsh speech and gossiping.
e. No intoxicant such as cigarette, drugs, alcohol, wine, beer.
If you can fulfil the above conditions, please write to us.
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Two weeks
- Honest, respectable and work hard