1 person is interested
Have you always wanted to make a difference? Volunteers are needed in McCandless and North Hills PA
ORGANIZATION: Kindred Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Volunteer opportunities are available at Kindred Hospice to provide friendly visits to patients and/or their families at local healthcare facilities or in their personal home in the McCandless North Hills area!
- Work around your busy schedule!
- Visit the day, time of day, and frequency that works for you and the patient
- Once a week? Every other week? Once a month?
- You decide!
- Most visits last 30-90 minutes
- Veterans encouraged as we serve MANY Veteran patients!
Spending time with a person at the end of their life is a gift you give and receive
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- Care and concern for others
- Tolerance, flexibility and patience
- Maturity and self-understanding
- Good communication skills
- Empathy, sincerity and sensitivity
- Acceptance of moral and cultural differences
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to accept supervision and evaluation
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer training
- Annual TB testing
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening
- Submit to and pass a drug screening
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19
Contact Mike Bidaman, Manager of Volunteer Services at 412-920-5500 or Michael.Bidaman@kindredhospicecare.com
We happily encourage volunteers of any race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Volunteers receive training appropriate to their respective volunteer position. Orientation and trainings are scheduled to fit your availability.
**Volunteers do NO clinical or direct care, such as: feeding, toileting, dressing, etc. You are just their to brighten the patient's day!
About Kindred Hospice
5315 Campbells Run Rd, Suite 190, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, US
Kindred at Home/ Curo Health Services is a family of hospice care providers focused on clinical excellence with compassion and dignity when life matters most.
The mission of the Kindred at Home-Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness. We are committed to clinical excellence with dignity when life matters most. Hospice care helps patients and families make the most of the days that remain. Our care teams specialize in pain and symptom management, as well as emotional and spiritual support for the patient and family. An individualized plan of care is developed for each patient based on comfort care measures needed and the wishes of in patient and family.
5315 Campbells Run RdSuite 190Pittsburgh, PA 15205
September 26, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training